Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Slow Blades


Well, first off, apologies for posting such a sub par photo. Here we have a brief glimpse of a true UES gem. Watching this woman flomp on roller blades down E. 77th actually makes my ankles hurt. She awkwardly navigates the streets avoiding cars and messengers while peds blow by her their non-wheeled feet. I must say, however, that her style and technique has improved. Notice how her blades are almost vertical. In the past she "rolled" with her blades unlaced, wheels horzontal to the pavement, stepping painfully down Fifth Ave. This week she was so damn fast I could barely get my camera out for the shot. Note: the tiny pink Cinderella parasol.

1 comment:

  1. This woman has mystified me for years. You have to admire her dedication, though.

    ReplyDelete